Vets2GO Ltd is committed to protecting the privacy of our candidates, clients and users of our website. We want to provide a safe and secure user experience. We will ensure that the information you submit to us via our website or our office is only used for the purposes set out in this policy.
The Information We Collect and How We Use It
Vets2GO Ltd may collect your personal details, including but not limited to your name and contact details (together with your e-mail address) and other relevant information required for the purposes of our business. On occasions this may also include sensitive personal information such as details of criminal convictions and ethnic origin.
This information is held, used and disclosed by us as follows:
- to provide our services to you;
- to maintain our business relationship, where you are a user of our website, a client or candidate;
- to enable you to submit your CV for general applications, to apply for specific jobs or to subscribe to our job alerts;
- to match your details with job vacancies, to assist us in finding a position that is most suitable for you and to send your personal information (including sensitive personal information) to clients in order to apply for jobs;
- to answer your enquiries;
- to directly market products and services, advise you of news and industry updates, events, promotions and competitions, reports and other information. Where we do so, you will be able to unsubscribe from such communications;
- to fulfil contractual obligations with our clients;
- to trusted third parties where we have retained them to provide services that you or our clients have requested, such as reference, qualification and criminal reference checking services (as required), verification of the details you have provided from third party sources, psychometric evaluations or skills tests. These third parties comply with similar and equally stringent undertakings of privacy and confidentiality as Vets2GO Ltd;
- to third parties who perform functions on our behalf and who also provide services to us, such as umbrella companies and IT consultants carrying out testing and development work on our business technology systems. These third parties comply with similar and equally stringent undertakings of privacy and confidentiality as Vets2GO Ltd;
- we may also release personal information to regulatory or law enforcement agencies, if required to do so. We will also disclose your information where we are permitted and requested to do so by law; and
- we may also seek your consent to collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for any other purpose not listed above.
Vets2GO needs to gather and use certain information about individuals. These can include clients, candidates, suppliers, business contacts, employees and other people the organisation has a relationship with or may need to contact.
Why this policy exists
In accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 (DPA) and the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), this data protection policy ensures Vets2GO Ltd:
- complies with data protection law and follows good practice;
- protects the rights of staff, clients, customers and partners;
- is open about how it stores and processes individuals’ data;
- protects itself from the risks of a data breach.
Information we hold
Information about our clients and candidates is collected via our website, emails and telephone conversations and stored against client / candidate profiles on our Customer Management System (CMS). Additionally, as a recruitment agency, data in the form of CVs, references, skills matrices and any other information provided to us by clients / candidates is stored on our server (WD Cloud) for the purpose of our business and administering our services.
Data currently held:
- Names, addresses – forms candidate profile on our Customer Management System (CMS) (password protected)
- CVs – stored on WD Cloud storage facility
- Skills Matrices – stored on secure WD Cloud storage facility
- References – stored on secure WD Could Storage facility
- Other personal information – either forms part of the CMS profile or is stored as a document on secured WD Could storage facility
Physical and data records of candidates and clients will be held for 12 months as a minimum, the duration of contracts or as required by external legal requirements.
See Section 1 of this policy document.
The principal rights under data protection law are for clients / candidates:
(a) the right to access;
(b) the right to rectification;
(c) the right to erasure;
(d) the right to restrict processing;
(e) the right to object to processing;
(f) the right to data portability;
(g) the right to complain to a supervisory authority; and
(h) the right to withdraw consent.
Some of the rights are complex, accordingly, you should read the relevant laws and guidance from the regulatory authorities for a full explanation of these rights.
Candidates and clients are contacted with recruitment related information (vacancies, availability etc) via phone and email, as agreed to when registering or agreeing to use Vets2GO Ltd as their recruitment company of choice.
In line with new GDPR regulation, candidates and clients will be contacted for their re-consent using the medium originally agreed to. Re-consent will be obtained in the 6-month period from the date of this document and recorded.
Furthermore, a retention period of 6 months will ensure that candidates and clients are contacted regularly for their re-consent.
In the event of a breach of any data held by Vets2GO Ltd, Vets2GO Ltd will contact all candidates and clients affected.
Data Protection Impact Assessment
All data held by Vets2GO Ltd is protected as follows:
- Computers/ PCs – password protected;
- Emails – password protected;
- WD Cloud Storage – password protected;
- CMS – password protected, and hosted by a company that adheres to GDPR guidelines;
- Website – password protected and hosted by a company that adheres to GDPR guidelines;
- Paper records (staff employment details, information about other companies etc) – filed and locked securely.
Data Protection Officer (DPO)
Our data protection officer’s contact details are:
Unit 9 Glebe Farm
In compliance with The Money Laundering, Terrorist Financing and Transfer of Funds (Information on the Payer) Regulations 2017 (MLR) Vets2GO Ltd will actively prevent and take measures to guard against being used as a medium for money laundering activities and terrorism financing activities and any other activity that facilitates money laundering or the funding of terrorist or criminal activities.