To work in the UK as either a permanent or locum veterinary surgeon or veterinary nurse the correct visa requirements need to be satisfied. This information can be obtained from the Home Office at

Veterinary surgeons will also need to register with the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons (RCVS) to work legitimately within the industry; interviews are held on a Tuesday and Friday at the RCVS. Further details are available on the RCVS website at

Veterinary nurses are advised to also register with the RCVS, earning the title of Registered Veterinary Nurse (RVN). Not all overseas nursing qualifications can be transferred to the UK and additional study and exams may need to be undertaken – more information can be obtained from

Vets2GO will be happy to discuss this further, please email  or . Alternatively, phone 01280 706679 to speak to one of the team.